Today will be the final update for the Flatt Fire.
|14,379 Acres||70 % Contained||West of Enterprise, UT||37.64989 Latitude|
|Burning in Sage and Pinion Juniper||Caused by Lightning|
Yesterday’s Operational Shift
- Crews made significant progress, expanding fire containment on the south and west perimeter as containment on the north and east perimeter of the fire were maintained.
- Some fire resources were released and reassigned to other large Utah wildland fires.
Today’s Operational Expectations
- Fire crews will focus on fire suppression repair and built water bars on fire lines in steeper terrain to prevent soil erosion
- Some Crews will continue to backhaul fire line equipment and begin fire suppression repair in areas of the fire where containment has been achieved.
- Community and firefighter safety are top priorities for both the Incident Management Team and the Bureau of Land Management
Evacuations & Fire Restrictions
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect
Weather: Red Flag Warning in effect from June 23, 10 a.m. until June 24, 12 a.m. for Fire Weather Zone 495 Color Country West Desert, Fire Weather Zone 496 Color Country Mountains. High-based showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon and evening across much of the area. These thunderstorms will bring the threat of severe fire weather conditions, gusty and erratic winds, and lightning.
186 personnel, 3 Hotshot crews, 2 hand crews, 11 engines, 2 dozers, 2 excavators and 1 water tender