|14,379 Acres||57 % Contained||West of Enterprise, UT||37.64989 Latitude|
|Burning in Sage and Pinion Juniper||Caused by Lightening|
Yesterday’s Operational Shift
- The fire stayed in the current footprint despite the wind event. Containment on the north and east perimeter of the fire was achieved.
- On the south and west perimeter, fire crews used Single Engine Air Tankers (SEATS) and a Type 3 helicopter to control pockets of heat from the fire perimeter inward to increase depth and secure fire lines.
- Fire crews, engines, air tankers and dozers made good progress with direct suppression tactics, building and securing fire line along the fire’s western perimeter
Today’s Operational Expectations
- On the south and west edge of the fire, crews will continue to mop-up pockets of heat while strengthening the fireline
- Some Crews will continue to backhaul fireline equipment and begin fire suppression repair in areas of the fire where containment has been achieved.
- Community and firefighter safety are top priorities for both the Incident Management Team and the Bureau of Land Management
Evacuations & Fire Restrictions
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect
Weather: Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 p.m. Tuesday for Wind and low humidity for fire weather zones 496 and 498. Critical fire weather conditions are occurring as a combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and high temperatures could contribute to extreme fire behavior.
211 personnel, 2 hot shot crews, 4 hand crews, 21 engines, 3 dozer, 2 water tenders; aviation assets including 1 Type 3 helicopter and SEAT aircraft are available if needed
Get the latest fire updates.