Flatt ire Update – 6/22/21
|14,379 Acres||57 % Contained||West of Enterprise, UT||37.64989 Latitude|
|Burning in Sage and Pinion Juniper||Caused by Lightening|
Yesterday’s Operational Shift
- The fire stayed in the current footprint despite the wind event. Containment on the north and east perimeter of the fire was achieved.
- On the south and west perimeter, fire crews used Single Engine Air Tankers (SEATS) and a Type 3 helicopter to control pockets of heat from the fire perimeter inward to increase depth and secure fire lines.
- Fire crews, engines, air tankers and dozers made good progress with direct suppression tactics, building and securing fire line along the fire’s western perimeter
Today’s Operational Expectations
- On the south and west edge of the fire, crews will continue to mop-up pockets of heat while strengthening the fireline
- Some Crews will continue to backhaul fireline equipment and begin fire suppression repair in areas of the fire where containment has been achieved.
- Community and firefighter safety are top priorities for both the Incident Management Team and the Bureau of Land Management
Evacuations & Fire Restrictions
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions are in effect
Weather: Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 p.m. Tuesday for Wind and low humidity for fire weather zones 496 and 498. Critical fire weather conditions are occurring as a combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and high temperatures could contribute to extreme fire behavior.
211 personnel, 2 hot shot crews, 4 hand crews, 21 engines, 3 dozer, 2 water tenders; aviation assets including 1 Type 3 helicopter and SEAT aircraft are available if needed
Get the latest fire updates.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.utahfireinfo.gov.
For more information on fires across the country, visit www.inciweb.org.
Leave a Reply