Coal Hollow Fire Closure Revision
Order Number: 04-10-3-18-04
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
MANTI-LA SAL NATIONAL FOREST
PRICE RANGER DISTRICT
Coal Hollow Fire Area, Road and Trail Closure
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50 (b) the following acts are prohibited within the areas, or on the roads and trails described in this Order, all within the Price Ranger District, Manti-La Sal National Forest until further notice.
- Being in the area, 36 CFR 261.52(e)
- Being on the road, 36 CFR 261.54(e)
- Being on the trail, 36 CFR 261.55(a)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (e) the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with a perimt specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
- Owners or lessees of land in the closed area with an incident escort approved by the Forest Service.
The closed area is depicted on the attached map which is incorporated herein, and is within the boundary starting at the intersection of the National Forest boundary and the Lake Fork Road, proceeding easterly to the Junction with Forest Road 0006 (Dairy Fork Canyon Road) thence; continuing along the National Forest boundary to the Junction with Forest Road 0150 (Skyline Drive Road) thence; continuing southerly along the National Forest boundary to the Bennion Creek, then westerly up canyon along Bennion Creek to the Junction with Spring Creek thence; westerly up the Spring Creek drainage to Forest Road 0150 (North Skyline Drive) thence; along the Skyline Drive road to the Junction with the Forest Road 0215 (Garret Ridge Road) thence; down canyon along the drainage of the East Lake Fork to Forest Road 0006 (Dairy Fork Canyon Road) thence; northerly along this road to the point of beginning at the intersection of the Lake Fork Road and the Forest boundary.
Forest Road 0070 (Lake Fork Canyon Road): From the national Forest boundary in Lake Fork Canyon to the Junction of Forest Road 0006 and south to the Forest boundary (Little Clear Creek Road).
Forest Road 0006 (Dairy Fork Canyon Road): entire length from the junction with Forest Road 0070 to the National Forest boundary.
Forest Road 0150 (North Skyline Drive) Segment: From the National Forest boundary at Clear Creek (old Tucker) south to the Junction with Forest Road 0008 (Bear Ridge Road).
Forest Road 3157: entire length from junction with Forest Road 0150.
Forest Road 3158: entire length from junction with Forest Road 3157.
Forest Road 0215: entire length from junction with Forest Road 0150.
Forest Road 0130: entire length from junction with Forest Road 0150.
To prevent potential injury to the public during fire-fighting operations and to provide for firefighter safety on the road and in the area described during the fire-fighting operations. This Order will remain in effect until rescinded.
See the attached map for a visual representation of the closed area.
- This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until October 1, 2018 or until rescinded, whichever is earlier.
- A map identifying the closed areas is attached and made part of this Order.
- Violation of the above prohibition(s) is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b) (6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b) (7)]
- Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Price Ranger District Office, (435) 384-2372, and the Manti-La Sal National Forest Supervisor’s Office, (435) 637-2817.
Done at Price, Utah this 27th day of August, 2018.
Manti-La Sal National Forest
Order Number: 04-10-3-18-02
To enlarge map Press Control ++
Leave a Reply